For the first time in the organization’s 80-plus years, the Allied Authors of Wisconsin will attend WisCon.
Among the world’s largest science fiction conventions with a feminist/social justice focus, WisCon features panels, academic programming, readings and parties. It will be held May 25 to 28 at the Concourse Hotel in Madison, Wis.
In addition to enjoying all that the convention has to offer, members of Allied Authors will participate in a group reading as well as host a table in the Dealers Room.
Allied Authors Reading
AAW members will read excerpts from their published novels and works in progress from 4 to 5:15 p.m. Friday, May 25, at Michelangelo’s Coffee House, 114 State St.
Feature readers include:
- Mark J. Engels, Always Gray in Winter (anthropomorphic/paranormal sci-fi thriller)
- A.J. Lamont, Wedding Hell (horror/urban fantasy)
- Maureen Mertens, The Kayak Connection (general fiction)
- Christopher Whitmore, Saviour (post-apocalyptic fantasy)
- David Michael Williams, If Souls Can Sleep (slipstream/hybrid fantasy)
Allied Authors Table
WisCon attendees are encouraged to visit the Allied Authors table in the Dealers Room to learn more about the organization, meet members and peruse the published works of the Allied Authors. Some unique items from Arkham House — a Sauk City, Wis. publishing house specializing in weird fiction and founded in 1939 — will also be for sale on Saturday and Sunday.